If we talk about hospitality management vs tourism management then both the courses are often considered the same. But in reality, they both are different and comes with different scopes in business as well. So, if you are also interested to know the difference between hospitality and tourism management then you are on the right page. In this article, we will discuss the different- different aspects of both the management courses.
Basic Difference between the Hospitality and Travel Management
To know about the basic difference between these two we are discussing them on various aspects.
If we look at the functionality of both sectors then we can easily understand the basic difference between these two. Hospitality management is such type of field that focuses on all aspects of hospitality including hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, amusement parks, and convention centers. On the other hand, tourism management focuses on tourism development, management of the travel industry, tourism marketing, and tourism services.
Now, the picture will be clearing in your mind that what is the basic difference between hospitality management vs tourist management.
People Behavior and Interests
Hospitality and tourism operate together, but they are two different branches of study. Tourism includes the movement of people to places outside their usual environment. Hospitality comprises the comfort and luxury of guests at a variety of events and establishments.
It depends on your choice whether you are interested in helping people plan great vacations, earning a degree in tourism management might be up or your alley. But if you love to manage a restaurant, a boutique hotel, or a resort spa then a degree in hospitality management is a good place to start for you.
What you have to do as a Travel Agent?
If you are looking to pursue a tourism management course or have perused a course earlier then you must know that what a travel agent does.
First it is very important that you love to own responsibility for people because the team which is traveling along with you depends on your guidance in unknown places. A good travel agent is solely responsible for helping customers to make a better plan and give guidance to them for a cruise or trip. It is a must for a travel agent to have the knowledge of nearby hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and all about the place where they are visiting. As a travel agent, you have to do everything from flights to hotel reservations and also you will have to help with car rentals, airport transfers, and restaurants. Look at below to learn about other duties of a travel agent.
- Figure out customer’s needs and preferences, like schedules and costs
- Make plans and arrange tour packages, excursions, and day trips
- Determine the actual travel costs
- Do bookings for travel, hotels, rentals cars, and popular events like tours and excursions
- Tell clients about the travel necessities like documents, passports, or visas
- Inform clients about the local weather conditions, customs, and attractions of the place
What you have to do as a Hotel Manager?
The duties of a hotel manager are mentioned below:
- Inspects and manages the cleanliness and appearance of guest rooms, public areas, and grounds
- Maintains the standards for guest services and food quality
- Responsible to answer about the hotel policies and services
- Performs the other tasks such as hiring hotel staffs and monitor the performance and their activities
- Also, coordinate with the front office and resolve problems that occur with the hotel
In short, in this article, we have stated different-different aspects of hotel and travel management courses. This article will be very helpful for you to clear your confusion about both the management courses. If you are still in any doubt about hospitality management vs tourism management then you can find an education consultant in Delhi easily.